The AAU Athletics program offers opportunities for athletes of all ages, in all skill levels to compete in Cross Country, Indoor Track & Field, and Outdoor Track & Field. Events are held throughout the country, including district championships, regional qualifiers, and National Championships.
BENEFITS OF AAU ATHLETICS:
- Nationally recognized non-profit organization.
- Insurance, including general liability and participant accident, is included as a benefit of membership.
- Low membership fees.
- Low tournament fees.
- Freedom and flexibly in conducting programs and hosting events.
- Multi-sport membership card allows participants to compete in any sport.
- Non-exclusive organization. Anyone can join.
- Easy online registration for membership, insurance certificates, license applications and events.
- Multi-year membership available – join for 1, 2 or 3 years.
Individual and Multi-Event Age Determination
Athletes must have a copy of their birth certificate available for age verification when requested. The athlete's year of birth shall determine the age division in which he/she will compete for individual events:
AGE GROUPS YEAR OF BIRTH
8-Under 2010 & After*
9 years 2009
10 years 2008
11 years 2007
12 years 2006
13 years 2005
14 years 2004
Intermediate/15-16 years 2002-03
Young/17-18 years 2000-01
* No Multi-Event competition for 5-8 Age Groups
**Athletes who are still eighteen (18) years of age through the final day of the AAU Junior Olympic Game (August 4, 2018) will be eligible to compete.